Sunday, February 3, 2013

Turkey Bacon and Corn Salad



For the 60-day challenge it is important I make my own lunch. Since I am too lazy to do this daily, I make it weekly. I prepare the ingredients on the weekend so that all I have to do is put it together during my lunch.

This past week, I put a spin on this quick and easy smoky ham and corn salad. Although I don’t really like salads and am picky with dressings, this one was actually tasty.


INGREDIENTS
            1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
            2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
            1 teaspoon paprika
            1/4 teaspoon salt
            8 cups spring mixed salad greens
            2 medium tomato, diced
            2 white corn on the cobs
            1 cup croutons (preferably whole-grain)
5 slices of turkey bacon, diced

PREPARE DRESSING:
Whisk sour cream, vinegar, paprika and salt in a bowl. Add to salad (salad greens, tomato, corn, croutons and turkey bacon) as desired.

TIPS:
  • Cook the turkey bacon in the oven at 375°F for 10-15 mins, then dice the bacon.
  • Boil the corn for 2-5 mins, then let cool.  To remove corn from the cob, stand an ear of corn on its stem end in a shallow bowl and slice the kernels off with a sharp, thin-bladed knife.


NUTRITION:
Per serving: 149 calories; 9 g fat; 16 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 

No comments:

Post a Comment