Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'd Like You to Meet...


Shea Moisture was a great find. It has truly helped me in caring for my natural hair.  Last week I went to Target to pick up a few things, and stopped by the black hair care aisle. Currently I use the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie as a staple for my twist out, so I figured I’d give the conditioner a try.

Meet:  African Black Balancing Conditioner





Claims: Balances, conditions and detangles hair, while relieving itching, flaking, and scalp irritations. Use as a pre-shampoo or rinse out conditioner as needed.

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow), Bark Extract, Vegetable Protein, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Oil*, Cetyl Alcohol, Castor Isostearate Succinate, Plantain Enzyme, Capryl Gycol, Essential Oil Blend, Japanese Honeysuckle Extract. *Denotes Certified Organic Ingredient

Price: $9.99 @ Target, Walgreens, and Sheamoisture.com


Review:
I liked the conditioner; it has a great smell to it and it left my hair feeling soft. Detangling was easy, although, I wish it gave me more slip. However, I think this is due to the thickness of the conditioner, which is my only complaint. I don’t like conditioners to thick, and I don’t like them to thin, I like it JUUUUUST right. I’m going to use it a couple more times as is and then experiment with some mixes. Add a lil of this and a lil of that and BAM!!!...maybe I’ll get something awesome. 

Verdict:
Price? Good.
Results? Good.
Buy it again? Mmmmm…Yea
Staple?.... Don’t know yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment